View Single Post
Old 10.15.2011, 07:44 AM   #4522
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
lol. it gets good reviews cause it's a hardass game. And also the gameplay, which is a reason why it's so hard, since you don't run around mashing onek button to attack without negative consequences. Dark Souls makes you think more and be cautious. Most games you can die and restart from a check point or sometimes even at the same spot you died, but not this game. This game teaches you a lesson by making you repeat hte WHOLE level over and over again. Enemies are relentless in their attacks, they want you dead and you can sense it. I think that is why it gets good reviews.

I have yet own a copy of the game, but I played at a friends hosue on his 360 and it plays almost the same as Demon's Souls.

I don't see the appeal, frankly. It made the experience feel incredibly dull and monotonous. Keep killing the same weaker creatures repeatedly until you've levelled up enough to be able to kill the same stronger creatures repeatedly until you've levelled up enough to be able to kill the even stronger creatures etc, ad nauseam, to progress. Plus you need to kill legions of creatures to buy weapons, armour, items etc.

The fact I found the controls to be clunky, the camera angles poor and the graphics resembling Resident Evil 4's, made me seriously think it has to be one of the most overrated games of all time. It's laughable it's main selling point is you'll die a lot because it's hard. Yeah, like that doesn't happen in other games. Thank God Batman: Arkham City and Skyrim are out soon.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|