View Single Post
Old 10.08.2011, 05:15 AM   #45
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
I like Experimental Jet Set. I like how minimal it is. Sounds like Sonic Youth just rockin' out in a garage somewhere. Of course, the songs aren't as good as those off of Dirty, but it's still an interesting album.

Pretty good point. It's a real bare bones sounding album, which I guess is a big part of the appeal to me. It's definitely different from their others.

The really truly interesting thing about Jet Set to me though is that for all this time it has always felt like some secret album that no one ever really knows about but me. Like I'm the only one who knows about this album, and somehow that makes it really personal to me. Of course everyone does know about it, but you know what I mean.

I guess it's because no one ever really wants to talk about it. The band never plays songs from that album, no one will ever write a book specifically about it, I highly doubt it will ever be in anyone's top three sonic youth albums. The only time it ever gets brought up is in these types of threads where someone chimes in 'oh and by the way, what the hell is the deal with EJST&NS?'

So sure, probably one of the worst ones by default given it's competition, but there's still some secret mysterious aura about it that's fascinating to me. I might go put it on in a minute haha.

Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|