View Single Post
Old 10.02.2011, 11:24 AM   #15313
Murmer99
expwy. to yr skull

Murmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
oh fuck this movie is great. never read the book though. is the thing about dogs looking like their masters important? i think it's an old joke that needn't replay on the screen so trust cronenberg to use a book but not recreate it if it doesn't work on screen.

I suppose you're right. Evidently, there are certain things that work on film that don't work as well with writing and vice versa. I just prefer the book to the film. I also haven't read Naked Lunch nor have I seen Cronenberg's film adaptation. However, I hear there are also a lot of differences between the two. It's just the way Ballard would describe the actions of each character as if they were the actual vehicles that impressed me. I recommend reading the book if you ever get the chance.. and I'd easily recommend this film to anyone too.. though Videodrome is still the film I'd rank as the highest among Cronenberg.
Murmer99 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|