View Single Post
Old 09.04.2011, 10:01 AM   #39
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by keep poppin pimples
well of course an english person isn't just going to rehash what thousands have done over the course of centuries, english people are capable of improving on anything immediately

however if you do like bosnia or the middle east, you can be incredibly useful to western cultures, by learning to fix a proper coffee, the commonwealth countries really need to do some borrowing in this regard

Funny, one of my best friends is Bosnian. She doesn't like coffee though.

It's not a case of improving things - it's a question of perversion. The Balkans are particularly porous with that sort of thing, so you get these really odd mixes of (say) rembetika/ klezmer in something like modern sevdah. Most countries in the world have no problem borrowing and mutating traditions; when the west does it (by which I mean Anglo-America), it's often 'patronising'. Odd, but I understand why people think like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|