View Single Post
Old 08.04.2011, 12:44 PM   #4
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
this.

i also think that the old me would be ashamed of the poppy, sell out music which i listen to nowadays, haha.

back in the day i've listened to some insane, really underground stuff that i could never imagine myself getting into anymore. my joy from music is still the same, it's just that i came to appreciate more soulful, smooth stuff instead of crazy, weird noises..

and no i can't seem to go back and forth about this.

I think there's a point where you realise that 'crazy' and 'insane' music is pretty much building on steady traditions, and 'underground' means pretty much nothing in 2011. The music I make could be considered 'underground' but that's less to do with the aesthetic and more to do with the fact it's very difficult to find a decent paying audience. I could go on about this quite a lot, but just as a for instance - in the narrow field SY operate in, there aren't that many 'alt tuners', but plenty of people who use similar/ same chordal/ formal structures as them; outside of that tradition, there's thousands of traditions with various, non-standardised ideas of tuning. Within quite easy reach of SY there's guitar tuning systems from, say, Zydeco, Appalachian, Blues and... yeah.

Well, I won't bore people. But the point is is that I think with age it becomes harder to say 'this is ground-breaking' because it gets easier to join the dots between various traditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|