View Single Post
Old 08.02.2011, 07:42 PM   #2
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
fuck yeah, ch1no don't fuck around, his projects are generally good. see, deftones is not as really a mainstream band as that article suggested, sure they get some airplay when their albums come out, but essentially that band feels underground and only responds to their fanbase not the magazine opinions, and further, enjoys the DIY vibe of side-projects. Too bad they fuck with Madonna's Maverick label which is about as corporate a label as you can get, the label took over ALL the side projects and forces release dates to be spaced for sales

but the deftones didn't get signed anywhere for their first seven years, and really didn't think they would get far when they signed in 1995, and then they really didn't blow up until 2000 and even then they are hardly big like consistent top40 bands.

also, my favorite thing is they keep the underground vibe, while they are a big crowd attracting band, they try to have small shows with they prefer. they like dive bar gigz but the can get arena sized crowds so they do both, and always have what they call "guerilla club tours" where they sneak in secret and unannounced shows at small clubs in between their big venue dates at the various festival tours they jump on each year.

for that I love them, to keep it undergroun while saturated in the mainstream is something really only the likes of sonic youth and (gasp) radiohead have been able to keep up even in the face of the soul crushing spotlight..

I just downloaded this eagerly

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|