View Single Post
Old 07.26.2011, 03:15 PM   #4246
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
I'm not a fan of how they cheated their way to being top dog in the sixth generation by marketing the PS2 to nongamers as a cheap DVD player, or the exorbitant original list price of the PS3.

I think it was actually quite a clever business strategy. Gamers like DVDs too, you know. There's a reason this tactic also worked extremely well in Japan - completely leaving SEGA in the dust. Actually, if there's any reason to hate Sony, it's because they killed the Dreamcast. Those bastards.

I'm curious though, would you consider Nintendo's recent strategy of marketing to non-gamers with the Wii to be cheating as well?
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|