View Single Post
Old 06.04.2011, 09:45 PM   #85
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Ann ashtray,
Every tried to "make your coin touring" a huge country like the USA with gas at $4.00/gallon?

Right.
Moving on.
I haven't, but then again I've never been in a band that went far beyond the confines of whatever our practice space was at the time. Music to me has always been about fun/etc. Touring, I know, gives band an opportunity to sell merchandise. Fans are always interested in tee shirts/posters/buttons/etc. I think if I were in a band, I'd try and work on some clever marketing scheme. Sell shirts for a wee bit expensive (like maybe 15 bucks) and throw in a free cd or some shit. Maybe press a limited amount on wax for those interested in that sort of thing. I don't know. Really, I don't view music, or creating music, as something someone should approach in any sense as a career move. Of course, if one wants to go that route more power to them and every once in a while success can be found for some....but whatever. Reality is, most bands never really "make it". I like some of the more clever marketing schemes I see out of few of todays bands like Radiohead + NIN (not saying anything about the actual music of either artist). Let fans pay what they want/etc. it's seemed to work well for both of these bands. But of course, I know this sort of scheme does little for smaller (cough cough "underground") bands....but whatever. it takes hard work like anything else and like anything else it should. Music isn't necessary for the simple survival of anyone. It doesn't put gas in my gas tank to get to work. It doesn't put food in my fridge. Whatever. Again, I support anyone doing anything they want to do, but getting all butt hurt because people "steal" music these days is just silly....other schemes at making coin can be figured out. Musicians need to quit bitching and start thinking. Just my take...+ sorry if that offends.