View Single Post
Old 05.07.2011, 09:15 AM   #23
The Watcher
children of satan

The Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's asses
I read an interview with prurient the other day where he was discussing his listening history and referenced that he was "so proud to be part of the last pre Internet generation", no thats not it, it was "to have experienced underground music for a time before the Internet was part of our psyche" or something, and that really stuck with me, we do get so caught up in our profiles and ideas of how we feel we are perceived online vs in real life. And its true what was said above, we are bombarded with too much choice and accessibility in our trowels on the Internet. Everything is just there and I think some are becoming wearisome of the whole thing. In the past two years I've deleted my facebook, tried to reduce my message board floating to music information only (where I hit a few boards up for info rather than stay on one board and argue with the same people day in day out) because it's that self awareness that to don't want your internet persona to define who you are. I think that comes with age, 10 years ago I would play in bands and keep in touch with people online, now I'm in my thirties, have a wife and a mortgage and rarely go to shows or out and about...... And the Internet becomes your main social tool...... Does this have a point? I guess not except for using my own backstory collide with atsonicparks frame of reference yet in true online fashion I've made it about myself........ Truly a post for the ages........ not really haha..........
The Watcher is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|