View Single Post
Old 05.01.2011, 07:46 PM   #26504
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
Not true for the UK at least. The percentage of people smoking hasn't changed since 2007 (21%).

5% of all hospital admissions are attributed to smoking.

13% of cancer cases are smoking related.

18% of deaths (35 years+) are smoking related.

29% of cancer deaths are attributable to smoking.

Figures from the latest research by ONS.

FYI

But from let's say from the 80's to 2007 I'm pretty sure it decreased a lot. Because that's when the harshest policies against smoking came about, if I'm not mistaken. Especially the increases in price, which seem to be quite effective.

But I guess you're talking about older people who smoked most of their lives?

I did this huge assignment on smoking the other day (worldwide data) and it said that less and less people are taking up smoking.

It makes a lot of sense that 29% of cancer deaths are related to smoking, but sometimes I have the impression that people think that not smoking means no cancer.

I'm actually surprised only 13% of cancer cases are smoking related, I thought it'd be a lot more.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|