View Single Post
Old 04.15.2011, 05:35 AM   #14573
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
more funny wiki shit..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Waltz#Drug_use

Drug use

Scorsese has admitted that during this period, he was using cocaine heavily.[12] Drugs were present in large quantities during the concert. Backstage, a room was painted white and decorated with noses from plastic masks while an audio tape of sniffing noises played in the background.[10] A large blob of cocaine hanging from Neil Young's nose was edited out in post-production through rotoscoping.

That last sentence... oh man.

BTW, has anyone seen To Vlemme Tou Odyssea? Aka ULYSESSS GAZE? Oh man. What a movie. 4 hours long of Harvey Keitel walking around. Seriously. I'm not exaggerating. It's just him walking around and occasionally muttering "poetic" dialogue under his breath (on a 30 minute sequence of him staring out a train window, he says at one point something about a "frightened lizard slithered under the crust of the cosmos" and then doesn't say anything else for about an hour). There's a good 25 minute sequence of a boat pulling into a harbor, with nothing else happening to engage the audience on any sort of level.

My favorite quote in it was Keitel asking "is this Sarajevo?" How could it not be? Why would you even ask that?!

All in all, definitely one of the best films I've ever seen. Not really. I dunno. It had a few cool shots. I'm a pretty patient viewer, you know. I have sat through many slow-moving long arthouse films and whatnot. I don't have any problem with that kinda stuff, obviously. But man. You want to talk about a movie with almost notihng going on. I guess I like that the director obviously doesn't give a fuck about his audience -- you don't see that too often. Still, the film itself is not exactly noteworthy or radical in any meaningful way, it's just empty and bland....

I guess the director won the Grand Jury Prize at Cannes for this film. He took the statue and said "Heh. THis is all I'm getting for this movie?" and threw it down and walked out of the building and hasn't been back since. That's probably the coolest thing about the entire movie.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|