View Single Post
Old 04.08.2011, 05:27 PM   #14483
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
@ noiseredux - Thanks, man!

@ apa niemi - Haha, don't worry dude. You said more than enough!

I've had Pickpocket in my Netflix queue for quite some time now. I've heard Bresson's name a bunch of times, but have never actually checked any of his work out. So, I guess I should definitely give Pickpocket a shot.

I haven't seen Los Olvidados, but the one Bunuel that I really enjoyed (and mentioned in the classic films thread) was The Criminal Life of Archibaldo de la Cruz (Ensayo de un Crimen). It is also bleak, grey, and dreamlike...ha. It's a pretty weird little movie, and my only criticism is that it does feel slow at times. But I'd recommend it if you're gonna get into Bunuel - who I'm not too familiar with.

As for Citizen Kane... "No sir, I don't like it," to quote Mr. Horse from Ren & Stimpy.

I can see how it must've been really neat a gazillion years ago to see all of the innovations in the film, but to still consider it the greatest film of all-time is absolutely absurd, in my opinion. There has just been so much done with the artform since 1941.

I honestly think that people who praise it so highly must either only be doing so because of the film's/Welles' reputation, or they saw it very early on - like Scorsese (who loves it) or somebody. Because let me tell you, it bored me to tears.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|