View Single Post
Old 04.06.2011, 08:28 PM   #39205
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses

I'm not even a large fan of 2Pac, I respect his work a lot, but this is one of the best hip hop records I've ever heard. Recorded several weeks before his death and released after he died, this shows his complete frustration and anger at the world. The Makaveli name was apparently used to shed the old 2pac image and go in this harder direction but unfortunately he would not fully come into the new persona. The thing I like about 2Pac is that all of his albums tell this wonderful story chronologically about where exactly he is at in his life. If I knew 2Pac personally and was given his albums with no information attached, I think I could easily pair them up.

I find him as a person more interesting than his music though. He went to an academic art school for jazz, acting, poetry and BALLET and was the most popular kid in the school because of how friendly he was to every clique. He's performed Shakespeare plays, released books of poetry and had some bizarre trials brought against him (including one where he apparently punched a woman in her uterus?). The East coast and West coast rivalry is very interesting to me, and you should all watch BIGGIE AND TUPAC (the Nick Broomfield documentary) if you're interested in how these 2 giants - one more literal than the other - came to their demise
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|