View Single Post
Old 04.05.2011, 03:59 PM   #253
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelle
btw, what exacly is Jungle?
Recommend some good artists..

it is the style that dominated uk underground electronic music around 94-96 (if i'm not mistaken). basically, it derives from uk old school hardcore and evolved into drum&bass. i'd describe it as more organic than d&b... sampled, timestretched beats around 160-170BPM, a lot of bass but not much else - bits of synths here and there -. my description might not be super accurate, but you have to take into consideration the fact that i was only 5 when this music first came out so it's hard to have perfect knowledge of this kind of scenes when you try and get into it 10 or 15 years later. though jungle is quite well documented, as opposed to uk garage for instance.

i'd recommend checking out those two records i mentioned earlier on... origin unknown's speed of sound and 15 years of metalheadz (but especially speed of sound), they both are great.
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|