View Single Post
Old 03.29.2011, 08:15 PM   #14399
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Really? I've enjoyed every Argento film I've seen yet. The Card Player being the most lackluster of the bunch, but I still enjoyed it for what it was. I still have yet to see his take on Phantom of the Opera with the telekinetic rats... but supposedly it sucks. I dunno, I'll probably end up enjoying it for one reason or another.

But yeah, there's been a lot of Argento criticism on here lately. Dude's a master behind the camera though, which is a blessing within his genre of choice - so, I really don't get it. Oh well.

sigh. I didnt' wanna re-open the can-o-worms, but my feeling is that yes, he's a great VISUAList. He knows how to direct a camera. He knows what the color palette should be. But I think more of his films are bad films than are good ones. Last time I started this talk, I got attacked, so didn't wanna rehash.

Phantom Of The Opera is utter shit. One of his worst.

Opera is an amazing piece of art though. I mean, just so amazing that that's part of my disappointment with so much of his work. I watched Opera and was just so awe-struck and then watched another dozen of his films and each one seemed weaker than the next (not in any order, just random movies I watched... but. Yeah). I guess I'd just say I like a handful of his work. I appreciate his talent. But I'm not into it myself. Personally.

but who gives a shit what I think? I fucking love Wes Craven. ANd you know most people think I'm a fucking idiot for that right?