View Single Post
Old 01.24.2011, 04:02 AM   #13833
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I am surprised you don't love DePalma more -- I've always looked at him as a master director.

I'm definitely beginning to think he's one of the most interesting of that whole movie brat generation. I've not seen everything by him but I suppose whatever problems I may have had might just've come down to me deciding quite early on, for reasons I can't even remember anymore, that I'm not a big fan - based, I don't doubt, simply on my not liking The Untouchables.

And yes, the chainsaw scene in the hotel is brilliant. I was trying to work out if he'd taken the mobile camera thing from Argento or Hitchcock. It's obviously Hitchcock but it looks more like a homage to Argento. Although the fact so much of that scene takes place in a shower obviously gives part of the game away, atleast.

And Scarface is probably the last time that Pacino got away with acting like a coke fuelled egomaniac - probably because he was playing a coke fuelled egomaniac.

Quote:
NEW BELA TARR FILM! For those who don't know, Bela Tarr is one of the best directors of our time, our generation's Tarkovsky (Mirror, Stalker, Nostalgia, etc).

I've not seen the new one yet but I saw The Man from London recently and was really impressed.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|