View Single Post
Old 01.23.2011, 08:19 PM   #13829
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Also, I really enjoyed the NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET remake, to be honest, it was fun. It was ridiculous, and downright stupid at times (why was Freddy's claws knocking over pharmacy bottles in the "dream world"? Were all the pills asleep? Freddy can't manipulate anything in the real world except in the person who was dreaming. Also, didn't he kill a dog? So, was the dog dreaming? If two people -- or an animal and a person in this case -- sleep/dream at the same time, can Freddy combine the dreamland somehow and kill a dog in one to freak out the other dreamer?). There was a whole huge list of things like this, and the silly shock ending was retarded. But yeah, it was a fun film, probably the best Nightmare on Elm Street ever, aside from 1, 3, and New Nightmare. It was fun to watch, kill after kill, and people were getting offed I wasn't expecting. As a remake, it was FAR more ENTERTAINING than Friday the 13th's remake, which felt like a boring version of the first 4 films. Don't get me wrong, this remake was really bad, but the blood floors, the kid standing in his thong while in post-apocalyptic Nazi germany or something (what a weird set) while the kids set "KREUGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" on fire was one of the most hilarious/ridiculous scenes ever. That kid alone was such a pud. I like how he's the "dark, sensitive, loner" kid so he just has to have a Joy Division shirt... Also, why didn't these kids just do meth? ... aNYWAY, I loved the scene wtih the blood floors. As a whole, this film wasn't even as ridiculous as Freddy vs. Jason (pinball sounds? Elbow drops? "FIRE KILLS FREDDY! WATER KILLS JASON! IT HAS TO MEAN SOMETHING!"). But for 74 minutes, it entertained me. What was the deal with Freddy, though? I can't remember since it's been about 9 months since I saw it, and can't recall the original... in the original, he was a child killer, right? And in the new one, he's a child MOLESTOR? I think that's right. Why, exactly, do you think they felt the need to change this? I read somewhere that a child molestor wouldn't be as "bad" as a child killer, that it wouldn't disturb audiences as much. Somehow I tend to disagree. It made the movie a helluva lot creepier, and not in a good way... Still, it was a fun time, and Freddy did the "claw flip" thing (when he moves his hands and all the claws protrude, kinda like how Wolverine does in X-Men and almost like how Dirty Harry sexily removes his .44 magnum...) about 5,000,000 times which was so stupid that I was delighted. Me and my girlfriend laughed through the whole film -- truely one of the funniest films I've seen in theatres. I really hope no one takes these remakes seriously.

But, hey, everyone, go see SANTANGO.

It's 7 1/2 hours long, but you will never forget this experience. I've seen it 3 times now. Maybe it could've been cut down a wee bit -- it did feel a bit long, unlike, say, Eureka (3 hours and 44 minutes) and Out1 (12 hours of some of the most insane stuff you'll ever see. It's almost like they knew people wouldn't be watching this film so they just filled it, after a certain point, with so much insanity. But you also get a lot of REALITY. Seeing Jean Pierre Laude how he really is, is nuts). But it's not as bad as Berlin Alexerplatz (15 hours, and a LOT could've been cut out of that beast). Just be carful about the cat scene. A little girls rolls around with a cat and apparently poisons in. It's supposedly just drinking some kind of milk with melatonin in it (and apparently Tarr took the cat home afterwards and it was his pet), and it just fals asleep. But damn, uh, it got limp. It was probably the most disturbing scene I've ever seen in a film, next to the ending of Exhausted when the Korean hooker gives birth to an dead fetus...

10/10 film.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|