View Single Post
Old 01.21.2011, 03:06 PM   #3666
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
also, NR, if you're just playing Collossus for the first time ever, why did you say that one time that Ico isn't as good as Collossus? I think that was you.

Anyway... Ico is in my top 5 games ever. The most mindblowing game of last generation, I bought a PS2 specifically for ico. Collossus is pretty cool too, but is definitely a stepdown. The controls fart out a bit at times. Also, I found it a bit too long for something so easy and simple. Presentation-wise, it might be the best game ever -- what a soundtrack. WHAT AN ATMOSPHERE. But there's just not much to do in it. I guess the coolest part is...

SPOILERS

Boss.. 13 I believe. He never attacks you at all. The music is very sad after you kill him brutally. He has the most beautiful look. He never does a thing. Gameplaywise, this is insane -- which I dig, you know -- almost in a Hideo Kojima way. Like, "LOOK AT THIS! YOU JUST KILLED THIS BEAUTIFUL CREATURE! HE NEVER EVEN WANTED TO HURT YOU! WHY ARE YOU FUCKING DOING THIS YOU BLOODTHIRSTY INSANE PERSON?!" The end seems to REALLY throw this in your face. Which is nothing short of genius. I felt like I was playing Tecmo's Deception or something, if you get my drift. Evil, baby!

END SPOILERS

Ico is a game you never get tired of. I actually think Collossus is pretty fun at times, especially if you just say you're going to beat one boss a day or something. The final boss is the greatest boss fight ever.

You know, the next Zelda game could learn a LOT from Ico AND Shadow. Imagine Link fighting a boss like in Shadow. Imagine Link solving puzzles like in Ico.

Anyway, Ico is a game I will never tire of. I've beaten it 6 times now. It's a bit short -- about 7 hours -- but seeing huge crumbling castles, hearing that HAUNTING AS HELOOTNSD ATMOSPHERIC SOUNDTRACK. Some of the incidental sounds are UUUUUU-like. Very cool. Also, the puzzles are just genius. Just fucking flat-out motherfucking genius.

Also, PSP, eh? You know what to do: Lumines.

Anyway, I'm stepping out of this thread again now. I'll check back in a few more months. Have fun everyone!

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|