View Single Post
Old 01.17.2011, 05:43 PM   #13756
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses

I've always felt that this was one of Waters' most under-appreciated works. This movie is very funny, and just like any other Waters classic, the cast is absolutely wonderful. Kathleen Turner nailed her role perfectly, and the choice of using Matt Lillard, Ricki Lake, and Law & Order's Sam Waterson as her family was equally brilliant. Not to mention cameos from Mink Stole, Traci Lords, Pattie Hearst, Suzanne Somers, and EVEN FUCKING L7 (performing as Camel Lips) truly round out this clever satire of the glamorization of violence in America.

I don't think that the jokes wear as thinly as many critics bitched, as I always laugh throughout the entire film with each viewing; and the kills were cleverly delivered with a proper grain of salt, in tune with the rest of the film's comically satirical themes. Serial Mom isn't necessarily a masterpiece, but it definitely deserves a few more name drops when discussing great Waters films.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|