View Single Post
Old 01.14.2011, 09:16 AM   #1
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I found a saxophone that has all its parts except the top part -- the part that screws into the rest of the saxophone. Yeah, this is a pretty significant part, obviously, but it has all the buttons for you to press and all that other fun shit, so I figure I could get SOME use out of it.

So, what would you do with it? Just try to find that little part? Or do something even crazier with it? I was thinking of making it a highly devoted part of a percussion set. I've already used it on certain songs to sounds you might hear in a gamelan performance, and it sounds pretty great. When you hit it different parts of the sax, it emits a different tone, some parts resonate more than others. Keep in mind this thing is pretty damn beat up, period, if you couldn't have gussed. Here's what it looks like:

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|