View Single Post
Old 01.02.2011, 09:22 AM   #13638
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I think NIGHTMARE IN A DAMAGED BRAIN is one of those movies I would've thought was the greatest movie ever made when I was 14, or if I had seen it before MANIAC (which is my favorite horror film ever). I'd give it an easy 8/10 now, I love how nonsensical and bizarre it is at some times; other times, it just feels like a standard slasher. Still, they don't make 'em like that anymore, and it's better than 99.9% of other horror films out there, by far.

I used to own 800 horror movies, but I gave nearly all of them away last year for this $1200 laptop. I replaced all the good ones with DVD-R's though. The horror I'm into is mainly of the TRULY bizarre nature (night train to terror, body melt, slime city, bride of frank, subconscious cruelty, doom asylum, kamillions, the carrier), the hopelessly and relentlessly bleak (schramm, der todesking, begotten, kichiku dai enkai -- yeah, I'd call it horror -- the beyond, city of the living dead/gates of hell), the fucked-up-beyond-belief-but-still-fuin (monster high, dead alive, rock n roll nightmare, psycho cop 2, don't go in the woods, street trash), and... giallos (oh, man, I really do need to list my favorite giallos sometime, don't I? I'll get back to you on that one). Otherwise, horror kind of bores me nowadays. I guess that's my problem with a LOT of things -- I get so obsessed, and immerse myself SO MUCH with certain (usually niche) things, that I burn myself on it pretty quickly. My thing is.. if I like a director, I have to get everything by him asap. If I like an actor, I get everything. Etc.

Anywho, speaking of SUBCONSCIOUS CRUELTY, had a rewatch of that before work..

8/10.

By far and away, one of the most relentlessly depressing and assauliting attack on the nerves yoiu will find in what basically amounts to a really really fucked up art film. There's lots of traditional "horror" elements (actually seems to have a very strong Argento influence, esepcially in the oversaturated colors and lighting), and it's SHOCKING how well done everything is (the sets, the gore, etc). It reminds me a lot of a mix of DANDY DUST..

(which is by far and away the weirdest film I've ever seen -- people who were asking me for cinemageddon "reccomendations", I guess you should check this one out. I cannot even describe how truly and uncontrolalbly, eyepoppingly, assaulitngly WEIRD this movie is. It is actually too weird. Probably the only film I would ever say that about).

and it also is a mix of the beautiful film L'ANGE...

which I highly, highly reccomend. Simply put, one of the most beautiful, awe-inspiring, and AMAZING experimental films ever, up there with "COLOR OF THE POMEGRANATES" and "WATER & POWER" in its absolute beauty. Here is th efirst 10 minutes, via youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8Sz3OMX3K0

....anyway, if you want to see what basically amounts to a truly bizarre, surreal, graphic mix of L'ANGE and DANDY DUST, go download SUBSCONSCIOUS CRUELTY, also, from cinemageddon.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|