View Single Post
Old 12.16.2010, 03:16 PM   #13488
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Just found out that BLOW OUT -- one of the best films ever -- is getting a Criterion re-release!

Anyway, besides the VOMIT GORE TRILOGY PART 3: SLOW TORTURE PUKE CHAMBER, I watched...

CLEO FROM 5 TO 7 - 9/10

Amazing FRench new wave flick, definitely one of the best of the movement, one of the best films ever in fact, represents everything I love about films. Off the walls, energetic, but artfully composed. Has Eddie Constantine, Anna Karina, and Jean Luc Godard is an acting roles. Some of the camera movements threw me for a loop. Truly brilliant. The beginning is in color for like a minute and then it gets black and white, and then color, and then black and white, etc... this goes on for a bit and is really strange and eye-popping and sets the tone for this wonderful film.

ice from the sun - uhhhhhhh.../10

before the devil knows you're dead - 8/10

Wow, that's a really really strange cover.. if you've seen this film, you'll know it doesn't represent the movie at all! For some reason, this film deeply unsettled me at times... just the whole concept, and Phillip Seymour Hoffman's brilliant acting. This was just a damn fine movie.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|