View Single Post
Old 12.12.2010, 09:32 AM   #13465
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks Demonrail. I will eventually just get every Altman film ever, but I'll check those out next.

Slavo, I wouldn't call Suspiria very violent. The murders are unique and artful, and EXTREMELY colorful. So much so that the "violence" is hard to take seriously (in fact, the whole film is quite silly at times, but that's part of its charm). I think the most downright "gory" part is when a beating heart gets stabbed, but it looks fake as hell and is maybe 4 frames long. Glass shards land in a girl (it doesn't show it happening, just the aftermath), but it looks fake as hell too. A man gets attacked by a dog (looks fake as hell), and a woman gets trapped in a pit of barbed wire (which is just silly). That's about it. Compared to, oh... most Fulci films, it's not really very violent at all, though I guess it just depends on your definition of "violence".

It's quite a boring flick, though, eye-popping visuals aside. If you've never seen an Argento film, I wouldn't start with it. Go with Deep Red or Bird With the Crystal Plumage. They have the best pacing/music/direction/characters/story/etc. Tenebre is his best overall but it's one of his most violent and downright mean-spirited, which you probably wouldn't like I guess. But I wouldn't call any of his films overly violent, aside from parts of Stendhal Syndrome (has a weird bullet-going-through-someone's-face-in-slow-motion scene.. lots of rape too) and Third Mother (girl gets impaled with a pole through her vagina).

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|