Thread: boring bands
View Single Post
Old 11.30.2010, 07:47 PM   #131
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
As it happens, Polvo always bored me.

See, I can see that, because I think they just kinda sound like any old indie rock band, who just happen to be really really out of tune-sounding. They were a great band for me when I was learning to play guitar, but... I've been really nostalgic for bands lately that I was into many years ago, like Wire, PiL, Gang of Four, Hot Snakes, Drive Like Jehu, Le Shok... all those bands still hold up pretty well, but Polvo just don't sound that good to me anymore. But, again, even if I loved them to death, I could totally understand how someone would be bored by 'em.... I used to be really interested by Minus the Bear, also, when I was learning to play guitar. I guess I just got bored with a lot of those "weird guitar trick" bands, once I figured them out... But, like, THINKING FELLERS still hold up, since there was a lot more to their sound than the weird guitar shit... King Crimson still hold up to me, too, as far as my guitar heroes go... and so on. Also, as I said on the last page, I love Low, they're "boring" technically but that's what makes 'em great. "Boring" isn't always an insult -- unless the band is trying to be a really dynamic, explosion indie rock band. Some more bands I used to love that I now find boring... Deerhoof, aside from the drumming and some of the songs. I gave sold all their cd's to a pawn shop recently. Polysics. All their songs sound the same, really (and they're another one I've been listening to for so so so long now). XIU XIU... the last few albums were terrible, I find them hard to listen to... a guy yelling over really abrasive noises... I dunno, just don't find it pleasant, too dry and monotone. I can respect all the bands I just mentioned for various reasons, but it just doesn't move me, unlike when I put in a Drexciya album or a Bedhead album or a Tangerine Dream album or something.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|