View Single Post
Old 11.02.2010, 06:13 AM   #13002
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, Reflections of Evil is absolutely incredible. Damon Packard is one of the few filmmakers who films I purchase anymore. He needs the money!

Lynch is pretty cool, I am kinda bored with him since I first started watching his stuff 14 years ago. So, I've got all his films memorized front to back. Also, I watched Inland Empire recently, for the 8th or 9th time, and realized I just flat-out do not like it. But The Straight Story is one of my favorite films of all time, so I'll always like him, if only for that!

My favorite filmmaker of all time is Takeshi Kitano, by far. No other director is as poetic, intelligent, funny, creative, beautiful -- he can go from long drawn-out, meditative, quiet, introspective, surreal scenes of beauty, to quick bursts of insane violence, all masterfully-shot and edited. Actually, his nickname is The Master, since most people (aside from stupid critics no one pays attention to) believe he has never made a bad film. He has made 16 films in 20 years and I wouldn't give any lower than an 8/10, and most would be a 9, and a couple would be a 10/10. Absolutely essential director.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|