View Single Post
Old 10.29.2010, 03:36 PM   #4
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Tractatus I only know well enough to say that it's not as dissimilar to his Philosophical Investigations as is often held. I used to think it was the last of the great absurd systems; now I'm not sure if the ludic thing wasn't there already.

Philosophical Investigations is one of those books that changed a lot of the way people think. Though it's important to remember that de Saussure, Freud, Nietzsche [etc] all played a huge part in the 'linguistic turn', as it were, and there are other people who sandwich between Wittgensteinian thought and postmodern/ post-structuralist thought - your Lacans and so on, but (for me) someone like Feyerabend is pretty important as well (if only for re-integrating ludic processes into a more 'properly' analytical-scientific schema).

Yeah. He's great, bless him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|