View Single Post
Old 10.22.2010, 09:32 AM   #348
gast30
invito al cielo

gast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's asses
Arousal systemsSee also: Sleep
Perhaps the most obvious aspect of the behavior of any animal is the daily cycle between sleeping and waking. Arousal and alertness are also modulated on a finer time scale, though, by an extensive network of brain areas.[76]
A key component of the arousal system is the suprachiasmatic nucleus (SCN), a tiny part of the hypothalamus located directly above the point at which the optic nerves from the two eyes cross.[77] The SCN contains the body's central biological clock. Neurons there show activity levels that rise and fall with a period of about 24 hours, circadian rhythms: these activity fluctuations are driven by rhythmic changes in expression of a set of "clock genes". The SCN continues to keep time even if it is excised from the brain and placed in a dish of warm nutrient solution, but it ordinarily receives input from the optic nerves, through the retinohypothalamic tract (RHT), that allow daily light-dark cycles to calibrate the clock.

this is an good example of biostudy
look inside and talk about the biological clock and were it's located
and the information i found for me intersting is the attachment to the optic nerves
this give the insight of visual information or a informationstream that
is connected with that part of the brain
this also says
that we as a part of biology look at ourself from that piont of vieuw
it comes from inside of you

our growing biological insight is the way we grow up inside ourself
biology looks at biology
that our constand way of beeing inside
and this is not an easy language to communicate about

biology looks at biology

now less serouis
you can say that we can consider our biological clocks are old