View Single Post
Old 10.09.2010, 07:42 PM   #2692
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost

holy fuck...this game is pretty hard. controls aren't SPECTACULAR but they are good. little bit weirded out by the button layouts...but it's still good. Story is mediocre, but I am soon hoping it will pick up. but Man. After the first boss, shit is just insane! I mean you constantly die, which is kind of the point of the game...but yeh. I like it.

the class I chose was a knight. They have a bunch of other classes too...Slight derivatives of everything though. but yeh, it seems easy, but the length of levels and the strenghts of certain enemies makes it tough.

This is definitely one of the best games this generation. If you're struggling with the Knight, start again as a Royal. They begin with a long-distance magic attack that helps a LOT early on.

The game's unforgiving, but not cheap. It's totally possible if you learn how to play. It actually gets a bit easier as you progress.

It's also probably the bleakest fucking game I've ever played. The ominous atmosphere, the lack of music, the ever present fear of dying (more so than any other game I've played), and the few people you do meet tell a much greater story than any melodramatic RPG.

Keep me updated.

P.S. The servers are pure white right now, so it should make it a bit easier going for a couple weeks.