View Single Post
Old 10.04.2010, 02:52 AM   #12630
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
No offense, but did you not actually read anything I just wrote? Or do you just not understand? If a game is over 700mb, you are "overburning" it. Unless you're going out of your way to download those super shitty compressed rips where people remove cinemas and stuff -- which you're probably not, so hear me out: A Cd-r holds 700mb (they also make 99-minute and 120-minute CD-R's, but many burners won't support them. HOWEVER, one of the biggest things that people burn to them is -- get this -- Dreamcast games!). It has nothing to do with the cdi files, or where they're downloaded from -- and I've downloaded them from dscisozone, torrents, etc and had no problem -- an overburnt game -- or anything that's overburnt -- puts extra stress on your lazer. I am using an old laptop I got off a friend and he burnt 10,000 cd's on this thing. The overburning of the Dreamcast games is what put the final nail in the coffin. The separate DVD laser works great -- the CD burning laser is DEAD. It would've failed no matter what, eventually, but the overburnt DC games is what killed it, officially.

My other burner is a Lite-On -- and it burns too fast, since the DC is 12 years old, and it simply cannot play games that are burned quickly, because of the complex structure of Dreamcast discs. The Lite-On has a firmware which overrides Discjuggler's settings, NO MATTER WHAT. I'm using the trial -- but most EXTERNAL burners have firmware installed that overrides settings like that; even my crappy old burner that failed was going 8x, with the trial Discjuggler supposedly only "letting" it go 4x and with me purposely setting it lower (you're supposed to burn DC games at 1x!). Because of the firmware, I am automatically going 40-52x at all times, even if I try to slow it down. There's no way to slow it down, and Discjuggler's settings fuck with it to the point where it's constantly struggling between speeds. But in the end, the firmware wins.

I've already burnt about 75 games a week, so it's no big loss, I'm going to burn the last few I need with a 10 year old CD burner I have that I'm not using for anything else. Another idea I have, though, is to convert the CDIs to NRG files and burn with Nero -- I've burnt PS1 and PS2 games today with the burner that won't burn the DC games properly, and they work GREAT! So, I think it has more to do with the firmware and Discjuggler's settings "fighting" each other.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|