View Single Post
Old 09.25.2010, 09:05 PM   #12559
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Oh man, I LOVED Shadow of the Vampire! I completely forgot about that one! I can't believe it's from the same guy who did Begotten. I never would've guessed that in a million years.

That really is an unbelievable workload for a 4 year period, and I agree, is very, very, very inspirational. Makes me feel like a damned couch potato by comparison! I'm going to change that about myself (mark my words). Maybe not reach Giuseppe's insane level, but I really should be putting out a much more consistent amount of work. I owe it to myself.

Adam Rifkin's is a name I hear all the time, but I really don't know jack shit about the guy aside form him being the writer of Small Soldiers, and the director of Detroit Rock City! Just checked his IMDB page (god, their new layout is atrocious), he did special effects/make-up for Hot Shots Part Deux! That's incredible!

Huckabees annoys the fuckabees out of me. Can't stand that flick.

Japanese New Wave? Hmmmm...... sounds promising.

Anyways...

7.5/10

Very interesting film. At times, it seemed sort of weak to me, especially for a Godard flick, but it really picked up and tied itself together in the third act. The use of "slow motion" was confusing in certain scenes, but worked well in others. I'm definitely going to have to re-evaluate this one eventually... what was with that guy and his 11 yr old daughter's tits? I really love Godard's use of extras, that was probably one of the most impressive things about the film for me. Also the orchestra at the end, that was really cool too.

EDIT: Fuck it, I'll give it a solid 8. This just keeps on growing on me, the more I think about it.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|