View Single Post
Old 09.25.2010, 05:32 PM   #12558
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
^Great film, from the director of Begotten! What ever happened to him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Damn...

I didn't even know he'd made that many. Is that every single one of 'em?

Yep, he's probably the hardest work artist ever, or he was (he did almost all those films a 4 year block, and let's not forget he did 20 albums and wrote 2 books in that time too, as well as had a full time acting job, with films like Cabin Fever, Tweek City, 2001 Maniacs, etc). That's every single one that's ever been "available" (to buy), aside from Wiggly Harris (I have Wiggly, but not Wiggly Harris -- he only gave that one to friends, back when he first started; Wiggly Harris is basically Wiggly with like 25 minutes of extra footage -- I've never met anyone who owns it, but it is out there, at least according to IMDB). His hard work is inspiring -- that first year, I did 8 movies/animated serieses, 4 shorts (under a minute), a music video, and some other stuff, as well as like 10 robe. albums/splits and a few scissor shock ep's anda full length. Which might explain why I'm so burnt out!... Anyway, Giuseppe did another 10 movies or so, between Touch Me... and In Our Garden. Films like Ahlezheimers and Beer and Tater Tots. None of these films have ever been "available", Giuseppe said many of them were "lost" in a fire (in one film, he set his head on fire! He was very regretful of losing that one); HOWEVER, he said a lot of the footage from those films ended up in Trailer Town, Period Piece, and the Date Movie (Period Piece has all of his short film Tater Tots in it, for example -- those 3 movies are his most, uh, elliptical, in the editing department; they are clearly comprised of completely unrelated films as a lot of the footage looks different, actors noticeably change weight and hair growth; he has some actors playing completely different characters, sometimes by just throwing a wig on them, sometimes by not really doing anything but calling them by a different name). This is all information me and my friend Kris pieced together -- as far as we know, me and him and a guy named Horror Master (via a message board post we saw) and apparently Bill Gibron are the only people who bought every single one of his films off of him -- and I own Dribble, which those three don't even seem to have! So, actually, I probably have more of his films than anyone in the world, and since they're all deleted/OOP now...then yeah. I'd give all of his films at least an 7, with many of them 8's and 9's, and five eas 10's (Garbanzo Gas, Esoterica, Touch Me in the Morning, The Check-Out, and Actor). Too bad it seems like no one will ever be able to see them, or at least not for a while, but he had most of them on sale for like 4 years, and only a small fraction of people seemed to care. He is focusing 100% on his music now, and even his music is COMPLETELY different than how it used to sound -- it's kind of like acoustic spiritual music, instead of drum machine-y Ween-y and Zappa-y type outsider stuff... you can still find some of his music on itunes and soulseek, though... he contributed exclusive music to the AWESOME film "Alex and Her Arse Trunk" and went into the studio to do professional remakes of a bunch of his songs for the movie "Look" (by Adam Rifkin, a GREAT director who produced many of Giuseppe's works -- and who co-directed a few, uncredited; he is responsible for the classics Psycho Cop 2, Dark Backward, and Invisible Maniac!). The interesting thing about Adam and Giuseppe is that they were developing a television show, of which I own the pilot of (this is probably the rarest Giuseppe item -- only available for a week!). The other interesting thing is that "Look" is apparently going to be a television series on Showtime.

i heart huckabees - 5/10

Kinda just your average "Existential crisis" indie film (no, I mean, literally, they make a note of it being "existential" and a "crisis" pretty much as soon as the film starts). Your enjoyment will rest on how much you actually enjoy watching these actors, and I liked a few, but man.. I dunno.. It felt like a wannabe Todd Solondz film, without the riskiness or darkness. Just kinda meh. Tired and tiring.

the desert archipelago (1969) - 8/10

Yet another great Japanese New Wave film. I'm starting to think that the best movement in the history of cinema was the Japanese New Wave stuff.. stuff like Double Suicide, Death By Hanging, Funeral Procession of Roses, Throw Away Your Books and Rally in the Streets, Pastoral: To Die in the Country.. these are some of the best films of all time, visually stunning, hopelessly bleak... films that really took chances, visually and with their "plots" and etc. Amazing films, that 40 years later, have next to no recognition, since most of them have never been properly available outside of Japan. A shame, but thanks to the internet, you too can view some of these wildly inventive, amazing films.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|