View Single Post
Old 09.21.2010, 08:53 PM   #2519
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses

P.N.03 (GC)

I remember back in '03 when Capcom made a 5 game exclusivity deal with Nintendo for P.N. 03, Killer7, RE4, Viewtiful Joe, and Dead Phoenix, which were all supposed to be Gamecube exclusives. Somehow Killer7, RE4, and VJ were all eventually ported to the PS2, and Dead Phoenix was never released. The only title that remained exclusive to the cube was P.N. 03.

Like GunValkyrie, this game is also a very critically mistunderstood arcade shooter starring a sexy, mech-suit wearing female flipping all over the place, except P.N. 03 has more techno, and less platforming.

It's confined environments, hypnotic beats, and space shooting action remind me of Space Channel 5, except it's not on rails, and the gameplay focuses much more on shooting, dodging, and performing special moves, than actual dancing... Vanessa's ass will be bouncing to the beat all on it's own - don't you worry!

I picked it up for 2.99 at GameStop. It's outrageously cheap, so there's no reason this shouldn't be proudly displayed alongside your copies of Killer7, and Resident Evil 4 if you own a Gamecube.

Wario Land 4 (GBA)

Also surprisingly cheap at GameStop ($4.99), this game was one of my favorites for the GBA, and I finally own it again. I always remember the music being really cool in this game, and it sounds great coming out of my tv speakers thanks to my new Gameboy Player. I actually let the title screen tune loop for a good 10 minutes in the background after my first roung of playing. It's a jam.

I forgot how bizarre this game was. At times the game gets genuinely surreal, and creepy! Unlike the weirdness of the WarioWare games, the odd quirks of this game have a much darker tone.

I haven't gotten far enough in either game yet to give any official scores, but both games have been extremely enjoyable so far.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|