View Single Post
Old 09.17.2010, 10:33 PM   #2454
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
There's absolutely nothing better about Shadow of the Collosus, in comparison to ICO. Unless you just like doing less stuff, for longer. Both are works of art, but Collossus's camera, and focus on combat brings it down. It's clunky as hell, and quite boring at imes. ICO is a true work of art, and always has you doing something. It's such a perfected gameplay system. 7 beautiful hours instead of 15 long hours.

"It's just that from the gameplay footage I've seen has never looked too spectacular, or out of the ordinary."

Eh? What gameplay footage are you looking at? Everything is out of ordinary about the game. I honestly can't think of any games more "spectacular" looking than ICO. Maybe XIII or some cel-shaded game, but it sucked.

"Maybe if there was actually a little bit of a narrative to go with it I'd be into it more."

Just wait till the ending. Uh, I think SPOILERS the 13th collossi is the one that doesn't even attack you at all, which is interesting. It's this huge beautiful creature and it doesn't even bother hurting you. It really puts things into perspective. To be honest, Shadow... is like a 6/10 overall, but the ending makes it at least an 8, because it puts the whole game in a much darker light.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|