Thread: NFL shenanigans
View Single Post
Old 09.16.2010, 04:01 PM   #42
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
the scary part is even with the limited playing time, nearly every game sees players injured, and some crippled, and nearly every game has someone suffer a season ending injury.

I mean, we had one week of football, 16 games.
these injuries have already occurres, and these ar ejust the big ones to "name" players

2 hard concussions, torn tricep muscles, torn anterior cruciate ligaments, separated shoulder, torn bicep muscles and tendon, ripped ACL and partially torn MCL (one of my texans), severe high ankle sprain and muscle tear, rotator cuff tear, etc.

it is an honest question to ask, and many reporters have asked it, whether american football is too violent to the players, whether we are asking too much as fans to have these men debilitate themselves to entertain us.

It is a tough question for me, a lifelong football fanatic, who played as a kid and messed my back/neck/knees up in ways I am just starting to feel now as I hit near 40 yrs old.

for all the violence and hitting and rough play in australian rules footbal, in rugby league, etc., the amount of damage inflicted on the opponents is nowhere near the carnage that a 16 game NFL season inflicts on it's players.

I try to enjoy the game as much as I can because the day may come when it is seem as purely barbaric, like many countries see bullfighting, and they may decide to be rid of football once and for all...