View Single Post
Old 09.13.2010, 04:00 PM   #9
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
I'm listening to a compilation that was part of a series called ''Miscellaneous''. I have a few of these which I found all over the place when sorting out some records recently. They are a mixed bag, and personally I find they got more interesting around the time you had all these ambient people (you ought to hear the sort of crap David Toop submitted to a few of them) got more influenced by jungle or drum and bass. It was around 1995, I think. My personal favourites on this one in particular are Endemic Void's ''Subether'', particularly because rhythmically it kind of reminds me of a lighter, noise-free version of Witchman crossed with the ''poppier'' trip hop that went into the charts, and Tao's ''Jinn'', which is this repetitive electro mantra influenced by raga.*
*as bad as that reads, it's enjoyable to listen to.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|