View Single Post
Old 09.09.2010, 02:21 PM   #12323
DanielCarlson
children of satan

DanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's assesDanielCarlson kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
10. holy mountain (alejandro jodorowsky)
9. possession (andrzej zulawski)
8. blow out (brian depalma)
7. pierrot le fou (jean luc godard)
6. pastoral: to die in the country (shuji terayama)
5. branded to kill (seijin suzuki)
4. eureka (shinji aoyama)
3. hana-bi (takeshi kitano)
2. el topo (alejandro jodorowsky)
1. taxi driver (martin scorcese)

Late answer, but cool list! Taxi Driver, El Topo, Pierrot Le Fou, Possession and Persona would probably be on my top 10.

Quote:
But yeah, the problems you had with it, I definitely had with it initially; I think it does help to watch a few more Antonioni films, because he really has such a unique style, and I think it's easier to appreciate something like the Red Desert once you see some more of his films. He's one of my all time favorite directors, and at times, I'm not sure why -- it's not something I can put into words -- and that's the point. Well, sorta.

Yeah, I can see what you mean. I already have a couple of his films on the computer I haven't seen, La Notte and L'avventura, so I'll simply dig into his other stuff and eventually return to The Red Desert.

Quote:
Mark Frost (the genius behind Twin Peaks).

Care to develop that part? I've always been under the impression that Twin Peaks mainly was Lynch's baby, that it was born out of his ideas and that Mark Frost mostly helped structuring things up and turning it into a working television series (which is no small feat, obviously, but I don't consider that to be the genius behind the show). All the best episodes are directed by Lynch. Frost was obviously a big part of the project, but for me it's mostly Lynch's touch that makes me love it.

And uhm, yeah, I obviously don't agree with all this Lynch bashing. He's done Eraserhead, The Elephant Man, Blue Velvet, Twin Peaks, The Straight Story and Mulholland Drive for christ sake!
DanielCarlson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|