View Single Post
Old 09.02.2010, 07:46 AM   #12179
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark

emperor tomato ketchup (extended version) - 8/10

Well, this isn't my favorite Terayama film, but he's one of the best directors ever (and my main influence) and I wouldn't rate any of his films lower than an 8, so............. anyway, I was only familiar with the shorter version from the EXPERIMENTAL IMAGE WORKS series (I think this was on volume 5), but the long version is amazing. Gritty, dirty, surreal, hilarious, dark as hell.. just brilliant.

Heh, Emperor Tomato Ketchup is amazing!
I saw it some years ago at a festival where Jim O'Rourke had picked some films for screening, including that one. The reaction of the baffled French audience was almost as good as the film itself.

I really didn't like The Straight Story when I saw it in the cinema when it came out, but maybe I should watch it again.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|