View Single Post
Old 08.31.2010, 02:18 PM   #20
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I don't think it really bears comment. I think the sort of people who want to go to these shows should really question whether they actually enjoy live music. Ok, if the band re-invent the record live, fair enough, but if they're just re-creating it for the benefit of my eyes... well, it's just not what live music's about, surely?
you can say that about a show with any regular ol' setlist too.

sometimes re-creation works very well anyway. i don't think i would have enjoyed the ramones live (if i were old enough to have the opportunity) if they had a twenty minute jazz-improv in the middle of teenage lobotomy or whatever. the police did something similar on their last tour and a lot of people hated it.

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|