View Single Post
Old 08.19.2010, 07:35 AM   #30
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
We're talking about a band, a group of guys, that sat down WANTING to write kickass tunes. A band that, like say...Sonic Youth...that didn't mind taking chances and trying different things every once in a while. They knew what it meant to be young and wreckless, they also knew when to quit and tone things down to an age appropriate level a younger audience may have screamed the equivalent of "sell-out" for. Did this happen? Maybe....Probably not like it does today. I'm convinced people (as a whole) are gradually becoming more musically illiterate by the minute.

I was young and stupid, once. Some would argue that I still am...and that's OK. There was a time to where my general outlook was basically the same as KIS'. I got a little older, I decided to give lots of music a chance I formerly would have ignored...and when I discovered LZ...like, reallllly discovered them in the way of not only listening, but also taking the time to research, I quickly realized that for far too many years I'd been missing out on something that was just as good as, if not better than, 90 percent of the stuff I'd been listening to before I gave them a chance.

This isn't to say that I think they are a band that's for everyone..no such thing (thankfully) exists. But I am saying that I certainly believe that there still has gotta be tons of people out there that might change their opinion if they'd only allow themselves to step out of their box and give something else a chance...that, within it's self, is punk rock to me. Punk rock is freedom, and freedom comes not only when one challenges everything around them...but also themselves. I learned this lesson the hard way.

What the fuck is punk rock anyways?