View Single Post
Old 08.13.2010, 11:01 AM   #150
shabbray2.0
expwy. to yr skull

shabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's asses
^^thanks for that link.
its funny cause somehow mombasa really reminded me of some carpenter work. but I couldnt nail it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
It's a really good soundtrack but I wouldn't say it stands up particularly well as a piece of music in its own right. When fused with the visuals of Inception it works really well; providing another layer of impact to what's going on on-screen. I can listen to it without the film because I've already had that fusion imprinted in my mind from when I did watch it. I'm not sure what I'd think about it otherwise, though.

Ive asked myself too regarding this. and I came to the conclusion that mombasa is the only one that works without the movie in mind. like I mentioned in the mombasa thread before, the chord progression where dicaprio is running away, has stolen me attention for a few seconds from the movie, while being in the cinema.

Ive read some articles where they compare inception//the OST as the next Blade Runner.
and thats where I disagree. Inception was more succesful on Day one then BR in its whole lifespan I think. also the OST doesnt stand against Vangelis beautiful (pioneering) work at the beginning of the 80ies, imo.

shabbray2.0 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|