View Single Post
Old 08.09.2010, 10:09 AM   #11765
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I think that's its problem. It's great when it concentrates on the gangster angle but then descends into a not very good horror movie. Whatever I may think of what Tarantino does now, he really was an extremely good gangster movie maker. It's a shame that he's sort of turned away from that genre, trying to transform himself into a kind of modern day Mario Bava/Sergio Leone, instead - which I really don't think is where his strengths lie. He needs to get back to making the kinds of movies he's good at, rather than try and impress us with his (not particularly impressive) knowledge of cult films.

I don't care about being impressed, I care about being entertained. And though I love the gangster flicks era -- I for one am glad that he moved on. I've talked at great length about my love for his recent films, so I won't bother. But in case you didn't read it one of the 100 other times it was mentioned in this thread -- I'm the dude that loves Death Proof. (I've seriously watched it probably as many times as everyone else on this forum has combined, haha). The thing is this -- I think a lot of you are hoping for a "good" or "serious" horror film from him. Instead he makes shitty b-movie trash. With a big budget and viewed by millions. Which makes me happy.