View Single Post
Old 08.09.2010, 09:54 AM   #11763
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions

I love how it was like the real original Grind House idea betwixt the two... I mean they basically tricked audiences (and the industry) into seeing a schlocky vampire flick by disguising it as a dialogue heavy gangster flick

I think that's its problem. It's great when it concentrates on the gangster angle but then descends into a not very good horror movie. Whatever I may think of what Tarantino does now, he really was an extremely good gangster movie maker. It's a shame that he's sort of turned away from that genre, trying to transform himself into a kind of modern day Mario Bava/Sergio Leone, instead - which I really don't think is where his strengths lie. He needs to get back to making the kinds of movies he's good at, rather than try and impress us with his (not particularly impressive) knowledge of cult films.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|