View Single Post
Old 08.04.2010, 04:35 PM   #17
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Anngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's asses
On a related and more personal note, the females (save for the managers but only JUST IN CASE) at my work aren't allowed to work/be trained in the back. The general manager says this is because,

1. Girls aren't strong enough to lift the things that need to be lifted back there
2. If a girl gets hurt (burnt) it's a lot worse if a man gets hurt
3. She doesn't "need" to cross train people and it's about running the business or some BS (although this has proven to be untrue because almost every guy who is legally able to work in the kitchen but started off working in the front got trained in back. ALSO it's usually only the more manly guys that work in the back, not the nice, somewhat flamboyant ones. ALSO a lot of the guys who work in the kitchen know how to use the register and the other day she was training a kitchen fellow on register).

A handful of girls, including myself, will go back there when it's slow and make some food or ask to be taught by someone who works back there.

Obviously this kind of discrimination upsets me and I've voiced my opinion to the manager (who really doesn't have control over it - it's partially the store owner who is a complete prick and partially corporate. If I (or any other woman) want a job in the future that involves making food I want to have some kind of experience for it.

Fuck the world.

http://slouchingsunflowers.tumblr.com/
Anngella is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|