View Single Post
Old 07.02.2006, 12:05 PM   #531
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
David Beckham has resigned the England captaincy, and may well not be picked in the near future; probably for the best as, along with the departure of Sven, it allows for a truly new England regime. Many of England's stars, and the team as a whole, had played very little quality football since Euro 2004, and the failure to excite at this World Cup means that major changes must be enacted. Things are looking up at last (and will look even better if beckham can rediscover his true form - for a couple of years he was iincredible as a player and pretty good as a captain).

The people are demanding Stephen Gerrard or John Terry be installed as replacement. In the past two games the armband has been passed to John Terry and to Gary Neville, so perhaps it is between those two. One hopes that Michael Owen, should he recover fitness, is left to goalscoring duties only. rather than being burdened further with captaincy. My preferred option would be John Terry, without hesitation.

Clicking on this pretty orange bit of text wil allow you to cast your vote for the Best Young Player of the World Cup. Although both of their respective nations have been safely eliminated, I think either Cesc Fabrigas (Spain) or Artem Milevskyi (Ukraine) are worthy recipients of the title, although Lukas Podolski of Germany will be a popular vote, I suspect.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|