View Single Post
Old 07.24.2010, 07:06 AM   #2
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
The repetition of 'bubble dreams' remind me of Glinda's bubble in Wicked/Wizard of Oz who is another character I can empathise and sympathise with.

The accidentals of Bb and F# the key of C, to me compliment the deep emotional trauma one goes through in severe emotional crisi or situations. The dotted rhythm in the final coda amplifies her final ultimatum and point she is trying to make by saying x,y,z and the rhythm is a musical 'look at me when I am talking to you' and a wake up call which takes you by suprise as this rhythm has not been heard previously in the song. Also the cutting out of the band at the end of her final 'you choose death and company' focuses the listener her final point she is trying to make for the listener or person in question to reflect on her final saying 'why are YOU so speechless'. The quietness of the song here amplifies the actual physical volume of being actually speechless and the song is brought to a close positively on a happy note with a C chord saying 'its up to you'.

Also her perfomance of this song is a public display to her dad that 'look at what I have done' and if you were not here I would not have been here and that you would have missed this once in a lifetime ocassion, (even though in the song she said that she would give up singing,writing songs if he did not go through with the operation). When reviewing her perfomance in front of the Queen, one must think what depths did she have to go to to make this one of the performances of her lifetime. Yet, still so young in her early 20's.

Quote MTV - So what else could Gaga do trapped out on tour, except express her thoughts through music? "My mom called me and I was very depressed. I was on tour and I couldn't leave, so I went into the studio and I wrote this song 'Speechless,' and it's about these phone calls," she said. "My dad used to call me after he'd had a few drinks and I wouldn't know what to say. I was speechless and I just feared that I would lose him and I wouldn't be there."

Sometimes it's best to not research the original meanings of songs but allow your own interpretations to grow in meaning so as not to allow the true meaning of the song to mask/diminish the state of mind/situation/point of view that you as the listener are currently in.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/162...ady_gaga.jhtml

Well at least I won't have to worry about my kids worrying about me dying! Unmarried and no children and all!
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|