View Single Post
Old 07.21.2010, 12:23 PM   #11478
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
You're kidding me. I love the Pumpkins (Gish through Adore, with some of Zeitgeist), but I can't believe Flood let him get away with screaming like a girl on one line, ranting like a lunatic without any musical backing, and then topping it off with a Sand People impression when the song gets fast. Some singers can pull that off, but Billy, you are not one of them. And fucking get James and Jimmy back at least, if you can't get D'Arcy.

I only like the first two albums with around maybe 5 songs from Mellon Collie but X.Y.U is just a riot. That song does EVERYTHING wrong. The guitar riffs are embarrassing, especially that one part later in the song when it speeds up but instead of staying together they all just kind of fall apart and then get really sludgy afterward. There's almost too much to say about Billy's vocals, the weird demon grunting, the girl scream, the one dimensional angry grunts. Even the lyrics are ridiculous.

"And in the eyes of a jackal I say KAAAAAAAAA-BOOM!!!"

Even if he was high when he wrote that, when he came down he had to of realized how bad it was, or well I guess he didn't because it's still in there. I don't know what to think. Ironically one of my favorite tracks from that record just because it's so abysmal.

Anyway, to get back:

Uh, it was fine. I like Anderson's films but I generally don't go out of my way to see them, except for maybe Boogie Nights, great picture that one. Anyway, this one just felt kind of um, unfinished, like it was supposed to have a third act but never did. And John C. Reilly who I normally enjoy very much was just supremely average in this one. He seemed pretty lousy to me in this one. But whatever, a one time film I guess. Phillip Seymour Hoffman's bit character was great though!

Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|