View Single Post
Old 07.20.2010, 01:07 AM   #11463
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Well, when you watch a film like WE ARE THE STRANGE, made for like $5000, all in a computer, it really blows your mind, in comparison.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qCSahatkbk

Look how good that looks, and that $5k was for a computer and a camera to get some of the shots to manipulate, everything else was just effected and fucked with in the comp. I mean, it's one of the most visually amazing thing I've EVER seen, and that goes for any anime/tv show/bid budget movie/etc, period. Pretty nuts... I think it's easy and cheap to make indie films nowadays, especially for people willing to do their own soundtracks and such... I've never spent a dime for any of my movies... It's all about your imagination. So, I think indie films in general are easier to make, but big budget movies are just going to get bigger and bigger and more expensive, the same way video games cost more to make and such, too. Things just have to get bigger, or, in theory, people will not be "interested".

Yet the only video games I'm interested in are cheap games on XBOX Live or Wiiware.. or DS games... because no matter what, good gameplay is all that matters. Same for movies. As long as the story is good, then a budget doesn't matter. BUT the fear is people won't even pay attention to a movie if it doesn't have all this crazy shit in it. So, there ya go.

.......On the other hand, I think FOLLOWING looks, and is, a better movie than INCEPTION. But I love that grainy black and white shit. To think, he made that film for $7,000!

I think it's important to have a small budget; just like when I paint, I try to limit myself to 3 or 4 colors. When I make music (with Robe. at least), I only use an amp and a guitar, no effects. To me, there's already an infinite number of things you can do with just a few notes, or a few colors, or a camera, or whatever. When you have an unlimited supply of money or whatever, I think it opens up too many possibilities. I think the most creative things have been done in short amounts of time, for cheap... I'd say an absolute disaster is more interesting to see or hear than a movie where everything is proper. Disorder is always preferable..

Anyway...

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|