View Single Post
Old 07.17.2010, 02:55 PM   #28
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
This movie was brilliant in a vaguely sci-fi way, without being overly ridiculous about it. There were times when I wish it went a little further because all the stuff at the beginning with the staircases of infinity, and the explosions everywhere made me think the movie was going to have all sorts of cool little set pieces. But after the train through the city, and the crumbling buildings and whatnot and the fighting in the loss of gravity, I decided that they probably did the right amount of "what the fuck" parts. I mean, if the whole movie was like that, it wouldn't have.... lemme rephrase: I appreciated its subtleness, and seriousness, even dealing with something sorta ridiculous.

I bet this thing was a NIGHTMARE to edit and write. If you notice, the entire movie is constantly in motion. Not bad for 2 1/2 hours, that it doesn't get exhausting, while still moving and moving and moving. It can cut back and forth, to and from 4 different locations simultaneously, and we immediately know where we are.

The movie isn't dumbed down but not too overly complex. But it was clearly made by brilliant people. And Nolan doesn't think his audience is completely stupid.

Great film.

word to all of this. especially to the "we immediately know where we are". i thought this was done especially well. it didn't try to be too murky or leave the audience in the dark... which, most of these kind of "mindbender" /"sci-fi" flicks use too much of. and it cheapens it. there isn't much to their story, so they just leave out parts or make it ambiguous just for mystery's sake. Inception is much more straight-forward and its refreshing in that regard.

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|