View Single Post
Old 07.17.2010, 03:57 AM   #70
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
surely if someone is inspired enough by something that it affects their work, then it's an influence.

EDIT: That was addressed at Ann Ashtray.

Of course that's AAAAAAAAAAA way of looking at it. But, seems things have gotten stagnant to the point of influences being obvious. Not a bad thing, just boring. Go walk around in the woods, drive around in yr car, go to the theater and out to eat alone, get drunk w/ no music playing, watch TV w/ no volume...whatever...then create. As opposed to "hey, let's do something that sounds like a combination between Throbbing Gristle and Neil Young"...which seems to be the more common thing.

TRY AND FORGET ABOUT WHAT YOU"VE BEEN LISTENIN' TO WHEN CREATING MUSIC!

Lee's great about taking personal situations/visuals and being able to create some sound-sphere around it. Course, it's still an "influence", but an "inspiration" sounds better.

Look at these two sentences:

"I was inspired by the ocean to write this song"

"i was influenced by the ocean to write this song"

...one makes more sense to me. I don't think outside of no box, I think inside of my own. My mind is open to everything/anything/anything/everything that enters it.