View Single Post
Old 07.11.2010, 09:00 PM   #1039
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenotdead
yes de Jong deserved a red... aside from that, every call went to Spain. and don't try and tell me Puyol played Robben cleanly on his 2nd breakaway [the one in which he didn't get a shot off because Puyol grabbed him and wrapped his leg around him. it would've been a red too if Robben had fallen/dove]. also towards the end when the black dutch winger kept getting past CapdeVilla and getting fouled and would get not even a kick.

but dude, puyol got a yellow card for his shenanigans. so did capdevilla. watchu talking about willis?

the ref was pretty lenient i think because it was a world cup final-- he dished out more warnings than cards-- sneijder got a couple, robben got one (before his yellow), so did iniesta, in situations that would have deserved a card in a different game or with different players. spain aren't saints, sure, but they only started dishing it out after 20 minutes, fed up from the punishment they were getting (that's when ramos got his card).

it was a fair victory for spain, they won without help from the ref, and i think you're off mark with your criticisms of him. sure, there was a case of "yellow fever", but the cards weren't undeserved. they would have been more, but he kept warning people instead. i thought he did a nice job, considering the match he had in his hands.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|